|This Qualification is for any individual who is or wishes to be involved in the Administration function within any industry, or non-commercial venture/organization. It is also the building block to advance the learner into the National Certificate in Business Administration Services: NQF Level 5.
The Core Component of the Qualification offers the learner knowledge and skills in the Management of Records, Comprehension of written and verbal texts, Business Writing, Problem Solving, Ethics, Cultural Awareness, Self Management and Self Development, Project Teamwork and Business Policies and Procedures. The Qualification through its Elective Component enables the learner to specialize in areas of Administration such as Reception, Executive Administration, Financial Literacy, Relationship Management, Legal Knowledge, Communication, Project Administration and Support, Call Centre Administration and Human Resources.
Learners working towards this Qualification will find that the acquisition of competence in the Unit Standards, which make up the Qualification, will add value to their jobs. This Qualification is intended to enhance the provision of service within the field of Administration within all business and non-commercial sectors. The Qualification ensures progression of learning, enabling the learner to meet standards of service excellence required within the Administration field of learning, through building day-to-day Administration skills as well as general operational.
competencies. It will provide the broad knowledge, skills and values needed in the Administration field for all business and non-commercial sectors and will facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within, education and training.
Qualifying learners could follow a career in:
- Secretarial services
- Reception services
- Switchboard operations
- Financial Administration
- Banking Administration
- Personal/executive assistant services
- Technical assistance
- Data capturing
- Systems administration
- Human Resources administration
- Basic Contracts Administration
- Legal Secretarial services
- Reception supervision
- Change administration and management
- Relationship management
- Project coordination.Rationale:The National Certificate in Business Administration Services: NQF Level 4 is designed to meet the needs of those learners both employed or unemployed, who are already involved or wish to become involved in the field of Administration. Administration is an essential field of learning as Administration competencies apply to all industries and to many non-commercial ventures such as sports/recreation clubs, religious groups, etc. This means that there is an on-going need for skilled Adminstrative people to carry out these functions both in the commercial and non-commercial sectors. There is also a need to develop career paths in this field so as to offer people involved in Administration the opportunity to continue with a programme of life-long learning, which will make them knowledgeable and skilled employees with enhanced employment opportunities.The National Certificate in Business Administration Services: Level 4 is a generic Qualification which offers Administrative knowledge and skills to learners who:
- Have attained the National Certificate in Business Administration: Level 3 and wish to continue on a path of life-long learning in Administration
- Were previously disadvantaged or who were unable to complete their schooling and were therefore denied access to Further Education and Training
- Have worked in Administration for many years, but have no formal Qualifications in their area of expertise
- Wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of Administration so that they can become knowledge workers
- Are contracted in a learnership agreement
- Have recently taken up a position in Administration
- Have not yet acquired the skills and competencies required for learning in Administration at NQF level 5.